Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sweaters From Gigi

My Gigi (Great Grandma) is so cool. She has a drawer of toys just for me at her house. She has this really cool flavored water with a straw in her walker and I always drink it all. Every time I go to her house she has cookies for me. Gigi is also the single most talented person I know. She used to be a florist. She makes these really cool afghan blankets. She made a beautiful white afghan for me just for being born. She made some really cool hats and blankets for me when I was a baby too. She makes beautiful quilts. She can sew anything and everything. She used to make all my Papa Joe's shirts. She has a heart of gold too. She makes beanies for the soldiers. She makes beanies and blankets for babies and donates them to local hospitals and to the Ronald McDonald House. When she lived in Texas, she used to volunteer so much with her church and helped teach some local children to read and develop their reading skills. She's an amazing person. At any rate, my Gigi made these beautiful sweaters for me. I REALLY love the yellow one.

Mommy saw a sweater very similar to this at a store in the mall for $42!!!!


I like the blue one too. It's been chilly lately so I haven't worn it out yet, but I will!

Thank you Gigi. You are so generous! I know the patterns were especially infuriating too. I do appreciate your hard work. We'll keep them forever!

No comments: